Pre-configured ERP Solution for Consumer Packaged Goods
It is getting tight at the point of sale. The consumer expects and obtains ever more specific products within an ever shorter period of time. High brand loyalty is giving way to an increasing willingness to swap brands. For this reason the manufacturers are concentrating their strengths and competences on developing and launching new items very quickly and marketing these items successfully.
In order to gain the time required for this rigorous strategic action, internal and external processes need to run as efficiently as possible. The only real way of achieving this to maximum effect is by means of an IT solution that is fundamentally oriented towards the consumer goods industry.
This pre-configured ERP solution for Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) by NTT DATA is the qualified SAP Business All-in-One solution of itelligence for the food and beverage processing industry. The entire value-added chain is mapped in an integrated ERP solution, from the initial product idea through development, planning, procurement, production and customer service.
This CPG solution is designed to provide a holistic solution to support fully integrated make-to-stock (MTS) and make-to-order (MTO) order fulfillment processes for food producers and distributors. The solution provides integrated planning, operational and financial support to meet the unique logistics and packaging requirements while providing detailed specific functionality such as cross docking and direct store delivery.
Primary focus will be manufacturing and wholesale companies that leverage logistics and procurement processing to purchase, produce and distribute goods and services in the consumer products, and non-durable goods industries.
Industry Trends and Pain Points:
- Forecasting & Demand Management
- Pricing requirements inclusive of promotions, discounts, deals and commissions
- Commodity Procurement
- Process Manufacturing
- Catch Weight requirements
- Direct Store Delivery
- Supply Chain replenishment and visibility
- Inventory Visibility and Control
Key Business Requirements:
- Innovation – Product Development
- Food Safety
- Lot / Batch genealogy / Track & Trace
- Planning, scheduling and sequencing based on allergens, colors etc.
- Robust distribution support regarding packaging, product availability and logistics execution and broker / distributor management
- Reduction in inventory while increase in order fill rate
Value Proposition of the Solution:
Pre-packaged and proven Consumer Products industry solution deliverables including:
- Future-state business process maps
- Legacy Data Migration Templates
- Project Team Training Classes
- Unit and Integrated Test Plans
- End-User Procedures
Single source and integrated full life cycle customer solution support including:
software, implementation services, training, managed hosting and post go-live / ongoing application management support.
Risk mitigation and budget control through:
- Industry experienced consultants and project managers
- Structured client project preparation activities
- Flexible deployment methods